Skip to main content

The art of deception,... and fish

 Now this is an extremely risky move. You've been warned. 

Say that you have an ace in the hole; by which I mean that you have something big. Since I don't know the first thing about cards, I'm gonna switch over to fish analogies. 


Imagine that you have a big fish; like, really big. So big a fish that people don't believe that such a big fish exists. Now you have to get through something that requires you to have a whale. 


So what you do is, you put your fish flat on the table. The whole thing. And in the awe of the parties involved, claim that you have a whale. 


What you've done here is prime leverage. You have something unbelievable actually with you; and you show it to the people. Now they have no choice but to believe the unreal. They've crossed the threshold. Now you use this inertia to push them into an even higher state of belief. But this time, you make them believe in something that actually doesn't exist. 


You're literally taking people to the third floor of a two story building, and then telling them that a fourth floor exists. The people in the impossible third floor have no way of confirming the existence of an impossible fourth floor.


And now comes the important question: why all this? 

Well, what we went through right now is an important manipulation technique. So important that its branches extend from street magic to international politics. The whole act revolves around a loophole in our perception. If you have to make people believe in something impossible, you don't have to do the ultimate impossible; instead, you can show them something lesser, but still perceived not possible, and just extrapolate the graph.


You should be afraid of my ability to make you believe that there is a whole mountain, wherein there ever was only half a mountain. Because these days, almost every "sensational" story, every historic announcement, and every groundbreaking revelation is like an atom. An ambiguous cloud of electrons revolving around, and anchored by, a tiny nucleus of actuality somewhere deep within.


You see all storms violent, but the eye of every tempest is always calm. Hence, you have been lied to by every source ever. Considering the dire seriousness of the situation, I encourage you to go back and find out where the truth in this article ended and the vapourware began. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UpsideDownCake

  Jo was the bottle of Pepsi, and the sad, almost empty bottle on the bedstand was Jo.    Jo Manson woke up to the blue and red logo of the Pepsi company, with the black liquid serving a good backdrop to paste Jo's eyes on the logo and nothing else. But that red, blue, and white ball has been seared permanently into the brains of every human and fish alive, that one might even question the point of existence of the black liquid at this point. But one does not. "Stop staring", Jo snapped at the Pepsi bottle, and came to a more vertical state of being. Jo was made of said black liquid at this point, from having too much (which is the exact right amount) of it. Jo was the bottle of Pepsi, and the sad, almost empty bottle on the bed stand was Jo. Once at the sink, Jo opened own mouth, and fizzed, like any good can of soda. Jo looked at the toilet in the far corner with five stacked toilet seats. Jo needed a toilet seat, and bought exactly one toilet seat. The tiny trackers (w

prettier than black

May your sheer brilliance give meaning to this madness   Look up at the top, lies there a heading, like a decapitated head a curious thing, pretty at that. But missing the rest of everything to it. Shall I lay it to rest? Asked every voice of reason. But look at it, just lying there, writhing, squirming; a beautiful thing. Looking up at me, demanding to be let out. What are you, but a but a trinket, a toy, an ornament, with no purpose; A heading, with no idea to convey. A thought with no congruence, a glimmer in frozen time as the train of thought roars past, and through like a whirlwind blow. After all, I sit at the study, my page blank The brilliant bleach of the paper, though seemed dark as obsidian, in its blankness. And you are just a heading, with no context or cue. A random gem of an idea, that demands to be let out. So today, I shall get to work chiseling. In this candlelight, I shall shape this dark stone into a formless mass, and you Shall be the crowning gem. May your sheer

water of life

The horror is neither in death nor in what happened. The horror is in the nature of infinite repetition of what is happening; The horror is in not knowing that you are in an infinite cycle of madness. When I woke up, with the sun and the sea salt in my eyes, I found myself in a lifeboat adrift on an eerily calm ocean. When my eyes adjusted to the blinding daylight, I looked around to find absolutely nothing in any direction as far as the eye can see. It was as If I was plucked out of space and time, and put here, surrounded by just the sea and the horizon. The fact that my thoughts were fragmented did not help either. My name is Captain Winslow; my own first name evades me. It is as if I was hit in the head. I knew the seas, I have grown up on them. Sailing and adventure were in my blood. I did know that I was a sailor, and a marine biologist; but couldn't remember much else.   Judging by the position of the sun, I made a guess that it must be somewhere around noon. My marine chron